Job Listing # : 16083
Sr Project Manager
Want to join one of the fastest-growing companies in the Midwest and lead some of the most exciting projects in the area?
8G Solutions is seeking a highly skilled Sr Project Manager with strong glazing knowledge and experience to join our team in Kansas City and Denver.
The ideal Sr Project Manager candidate will have a proven track record in project management and glazing and can deliver a project within scope and on time. The incumbent must be able to hit the ground running, experienced and able to handle any project, utilize the LEAN methodology of project management and fabrication, and assist in training up-and-coming project managers.
At 8G Solutions, we demonstrate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences, and we’re looking for individuals who share those values. We believe that our differences allow us to be a better and stronger team – one that encourages growth, builds a welcoming culture, and produces better business results.
8G Solutions offers best-in-class benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with up to 6% company match, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), 12 paid Holidays, and up to 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Sr Project Manager oversees all aspects of the project planning, detailing, procurement, fabrication, and installation and ensures deliverables fall within scope, budget, and schedule expectations.
- Directs all aspects of commercial glazing projects from onset through completion.
- Shows great aptitude and ability to successfully manage project budgets, lead times, vendor management, General Contractor relations, with expert communication skills and professionalism.
- Successfully manages and completes multiple projects large in scope and complexity.
- Works with Field Superintendent and Value Stream Manager to allocate resources for assigned projects, including manpower, materials and equipment.
- Ensures alignment with the foremen on the project objectives and complexities far before the project starts.
- Fully integrates Lean methodology at a high level and collaborates well with the Value Stream Manager to satisfy Lean SOPs. Proactive ability to pass through Lean control gates with ease.
- Maintains high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications.
- Builds, manages and forecasts schedule of values and job cost budget.
- Handles submittal and closeout process in a timely manner.
- Trains and mentors Project Coordinators and/or Project Managers on best practices of glazing project management
- A combination of education (Construction Management or similar degree preferred) and experience will be considered.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Expert understanding of LEAN methodology.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in contract glazing project management; expert knowledge of all glazing systems, including unitized curtain wall.
- Proficiency with construction management software (Foundation, Procore, PartnerPak, Glaziers Studio, Auto CAD, Microsoft Project, Excel).
- Ability to communicate at a high level with all stakeholders.
- Construction Safety Knowledge. Must hold at least an OSHA 30 credential and must be able to consistently communicate safety protocol to work crews.
- Strong organizational skills.
8G Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
About 8G Solutions
8G Solutions is one of the fastest growing full-service glazing contractors in the Midwest looking to add top talent to its ranks. We are seeking skilled, highly motivated, detail-conscious professionals that share our values and work well in a culture of integrity, honesty, effective communication, career development, continuous training, and giving to the outside community. Our employees strive to provide our customers with the highest quality outcomes and customer service while living our core values:
- Build Safety Culturewhere all employees return home every day in same condition they left through Proper Equipment, PPE and continuously employing Lessons Learned
- Best in Class Communication and 8G Speed with Customer Responsiveness
- Embrace Diversity & Inclusion, Change, Teamwork, Humility and Constructive Challenge while over communicating across all levels of the organization
- Drive Business Growthto allow Career Growth Opportunities and Profitability through Improved PROCESS, Predictability, Performance and Focus on Project Size, Scope and Geography demanding Accountability with results-driven Performance Metrics
- Increase Success and Fulfillment for all employees by clarifying their Role, Responsibility and Expectations (RRE’S), striving for Right Person in the Right Role(RPRR), and continuously Training
- Employ Honesty and Transparencywith all Vendors and Customers treating them as Partners and expecting the same in return
- Improve Employees’ and their Families’ lives with Best-in-Class Benefitsand Total Compensation in line with Company (and Employee) Performance
Improve the Communities we work within any way we can
- Address Kansas City & Denver
- Salary Offer DOE