Job Listing # : 16037
Our Installers are the primary installation craftsmen who install our showers (framed & Heavy Glass), tub enclosures, mirrors (plain & framed), tabletops, and cabinet glass. As an Installer, you deliver the best customer experience in the home as a representative of M&M Glass and conduct yourself in the utmost professional manner with all contacts. Our employees are expected to be professionally dressed in proper M&M Glass uniform and stay on the cutting edge of product knowledge to properly install our customers’ products.
As an Installer, you will be the main point of contact on the job with customers, which includes validating the work to be completed and discussing the estimated time it will take to install the products. You will strive to resolve any installation problems that may occur on-site, manage all issues regarding incomplete work, and communicate expectations with customers effectively. You will review the appropriate paperwork with the Customer Service Manager upon return from jobs and maintain your assigned M&M Glass vehicle, cell phone, sales tools, and other property. You are required to track appropriate maintenance reports and other reporting as necessary.
You will develop positive working relationships with all M&M Glass Employees, Contractors, Customers, and Vendors. You will report to the Production Manager, General Manager and Owner of M&M Glass.
As an Installer, your key responsibilities include duties including but not limited to the following:
- Operate glass cutter, break glass, sand glass
- Thoroughly inspect and load required job materials, ensuring the products are the correct size & style, and that there is no obvious product damage or flaws on products required to complete jobs before leaving M&M Glass property
- Upon arrival at customers home, validate the work to be completed, the product(s) to be installed, installation location(s), and the estimated time it will take to complete the job, and customer expectations, and manage those expectations accordingly
- Install all products and services per work order, troubleshoot, and strive to resolve any installation problems that might occur on-site
- Effectively note issues regarding incomplete work with relevant team members and manage customer expectations accordingly
- Assures all written communication accurately portrays the intentions of the salesperson and client to other M&M employees
- Discuss the care and maintenance of products, warranty information, and how to contact M&M for additional service or questions with customers
- Clean house/worksite upon completion of job
- Effectively communicate with all contacts in a positive, respectful, timely manner
- Maintain assigned tools and truck and complete the appropriate reports
- Wash truck once per week
- Ensure the Shop Technician cleans the truck out daily upon return
- Effectively mentors/trains Shop Technicians on all functions above
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure, use a laser level and use the appropriate math for calculating (adding and subtracting fractions) in a timely manner
- Lift and carry, and handle glass up to 70 lbs in a safe manner
- Able to walk, climb stairs, climb ladders
- Wear safety equipment at all appropriate times when handling glass products.
- Hardworking, motivated, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Follows M&M Glass safety procedures rules & regulations
- Arrives on time for work. Departs once all work is completed
- Abide by the approved uniform policy of M&M Glass
- Manages work time in a fashion that ensures all company needs and goals are met
- Maintains secrecy with regards to all M&M Business, Sales, and Marketing strategies and practices