Job Listing # : 15406
The Glazing Estimator position is a key role in the department. It forms a step in the Account Manger roll, specifically as an Account Manager I with continued evolution through II and III. Glazing Estimators (GE) provide the knowledge, skills and experience required to guide the Preconstruction Department. The GE are responsible for the production and the gathering of project related information and produce a complete and comprehensive proposal to our clients. This position will be accountable for maintaining specific accounts as well as providing clients with up‐to‐date, consistent, and organized proposals in an orderly and timely fashion. Moreover, GE are the direct interface with our clients and PPWD and are responsible for establishing a professional work relationship with them. Inter office corporation is also a key facet of the position. Fostering an environment that includes: a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflicts and encouraging teamwork. Understanding we all have different strengths this position requires the individual be well balanced in their abilities to handle stressful situations, interact with clients’ construction team, architect, and owner. The primary focus of PPWD’s GE is to produce concise and accurate proposals to our clients, initiate and produce submittals clear through to ordering, sending information to Estimating Coordinator of all bids and submittals. This individual shall present themselves in a professional manner both internally and externally, be self-motivated and able to work independently without daily direction from upper management. This position involves direct independent contact with customers. GE will report directly to the Director of Commercial Sales and Estimating.
The Role entails a vast spectrum of responsibility.
Glazing Estimator Job Responsibilities:
• Upload and Download files from internet and Network
• Internet research and utilizing other technology/software, as required
• Calling and Emailing Vendors for bid information
• Proof Reading, assembling, and forwarding submittals to estimating coordinator
• Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of process flow to ensure information released to project management is complete, accurate and well organized
• General assistance to Project Management as required
• Calendar deadlines
• Gather submittal information from vendors
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
• Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude and developing this attitude in others.
• Ability to meet deadlines and quotas.
• Excellent communication skills and a team player.
• Highly Motivated
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
• Must have worked for a company that specializes in curtain walls, store fronts, entrances, etc.
• Vast knowledge of industry glazing systems.
• Ability to obtain multiple quotes from vendors to provide the best option for the project.
• Coordination of schedules, fabrication sequence
• Experience in reading plans and blueprints
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
• minimum of 5 experience in estimating of storefront, low and mid-rise curtain wall projects
• sound knowledge of processes of the industry
• ability to bid multiple projects at a time
• able to manage clients professionally
• Experience with Glazing Estimating software
- Address 5980 Fairmount Ave, Suite 108, San Diego, Ca
- Salary Offer Based on experience