Job Listing # : 14641
M&M Glass has been the region’s trustworthy custom glass and mirror provider for all of southern Louisiana. We have quite the renowned reputation for providing affordable, unparalleled products with quality customer service to families, interior designers, contractors, and business owners all across the region. None of which would be possible without our incredible team!
Whether you categorize yourself as an ambitious apprentice or an extreme glass guru, we encourage you to apply. We offer on-the-job training and opportunities to rise through the ranks for our Shop Technicians and Installers.
We have an immediate opening for an Installer.
Our Installers are craftsmen who install our showers (framed & Heavy Glass), tub enclosures, mirrors (plain & framed), tabletops, and cabinet glass. As an Installer, you represent M&M Glass and conduct yourself in the utmost professional manner with all contacts. Our employees are expected to be professionally dressed in proper M&M Glass uniform and stay on the cutting edge of product knowledge to properly install our customers’ products.
As an Installer, you will check your daily route, ensure your truck is properly loaded with all needed materials, leave M&M Glass property in a timely manner, efficiently install the product(s), and review the appropriate paperwork with the Customer Service Manager upon return. You are responsible for maintaining your assigned M&M Glass vehicle, cell phone, sales tools, and other property. You are required to maintain appropriate maintenance reports and other reporting as necessary.
You will develop positive working relationships with all M&M Glass Employees, Contractors, Customers, and Vendors. You will report to the Production Manager, General Manager and Owner of M&M Glass.
As an Installer, your key responsibilities include duties including but not limited to the following:
- Operate glass cutter, break glass, sand glass
- Install tabletops, cabinet glass, plain and framed mirrors, framed showers, and Heavy Glass showers
- Clean house/worksite upon completion of job
- Maintain assigned tools of the job provided by M&M Glass
- Maintain assigned truck maintenance checklist and appropriate reports to keep track of condition of truck provided by M&M Glass
- Load assigned truck with all materials necessary for completion of each job
- Effectively communicate with all contacts in a positive, respectful, timely manner
- Assures all written communication accurately portrays the intentions of the salesperson and client to other M&M employees
- Wash truck once per week
- Ensure the Shop Technician cleans the truck out daily upon return
- Effectively mentors/trains Shop Technicians on all functions above
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure, use a laser level and use the appropriate math for calculating (adding and subtracting fractions) in a timely manner
- Lift and carry, and handle glass up to 70 lbs in a safe manner
- Able to walk, climb stairs, climb ladders
- Wear safety equipment at all appropriate times when handling glass products.
- Follows M&M Glass safety procedures rules & regulations
- Arrives on time for work. Departs once all work is completed
- Abide by the approved uniform policy of M&M Glass
- Manages work time in a fashion that ensures all company needs and goals are met
- Maintains secrecy with regards to all M&M Business, Sales, and Marketing strategies and practices
- High School Diploma or GED
- 25 + years of age
The spirit of the below policies and benefits is to ensure a balance between home and work life.
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Time off, including vacation, must be requested at least two weeks in advance
- Time off is granted based on availability
- Receiving prior approval for additional time off may be considered by talking in advance to the General Manager and Production Manager
- Great hours
- The scheduled report time is 6:30 AM and end time is 3:30 PM
- Installers are NOT docked for time spent on lunch
- There may be exceptions to hours based on early installs with lengthy travel times.
- The average workweek will be around 40 hours. Sometimes, overtime will be required. Weekend work is sometimes available at the overtime rate on a volunteer basis.
- Exceptional Insurance Options
M&M Glass Company is an equal opportunity employer. As such, M&M Glass will recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, or handicap. All employment decisions are based on job-related standards and must comply with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
M&M Glass Company does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA Title I employment regulations.
- Salary Offer $16-$22/hr