Job Listing # : 15945
We have an opening for a motivated learner who has some experience with the construction industry. This is a great opportunity to learn the glass and glazing trade with the recognized industry experts of Slade Glass Co.
As Glazier/Installer Helper, you will assist our glazing experts with commercial and residential glass installation, aluminum fabrication, and glass cutting. You’ll learn the technical skills needed for the installation and repair a wide variety of projects from curtain walls and retail storefronts to mirrors and shower stalls.
The goal is for you to help us deliver outstanding craftsmanship, memorable customer service, top value, and professionalism in any job we undertake.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assisting lead glaziers with handling and installing large sheets of glass, windows, mirrors, storefront materials, shower stalls, and doors.
2. Following product installation instructions and building plans to install, troubleshoot, and resolve on-site construction project problems.
3. Working in the shop to fabricate, cut customer glass/mirrors, loading/unloading of trucks, and operating power tools/equipment.
4. Maintaining open communications among all team members and a willingness to learn the glass/glazing trade in-depth.
This role oversees: 0
· Measuring and installation of commercial glass, windows, mirrors, and doors.
· Measuring and installation of residential shower stalls, mirrors, windows, and doors.
· Measuring openings and dimensions of areas to determine work procedures.
· Installing metal frames or channels for glass.
· Cutting and attaching gaskets to surfaces in preparation for glass installation.
· Applying adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings to various surfaces.
· Using power tools and hand tools to drill and fasten framing members to the building structure.
· Attaching hinges, handles, locks, closers, or other hardware to complete window/door installations.
· Loading, unloading, moving, and arranging glass or mirrors onto delivery trucks, using suction cups or cranes to lift glass.
· Assembling, erecting, or dismantling scaffolds, rigging, or hoisting equipment.
· Other tasks as determined by the glazier team lead.
· Construction or trades experience preferred, but not necessary.
· Ability to lift up to 75-lbs and able to stand for long periods.
· Ability to read tape measures and levels, and to perform basic measurement calculations.
· Must have personal tools required of the trade, and reliable transportation to the shop.
· Requires good communication skills and ability to working within tight time schedules to meet deadlines
· Quality focused; takes initiative to problem solve at the lowest level, while knowing when to ask for help.
· Willingness and aptitude for learning the glazing trade; desire to become a team lead.
· Professional appearance and ability to provide excellent customer service to our clients is essential.
· Adhere to our company policies and procedures, demonstrating our core values, professional, and ethical behavior at all times.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Pay commensurate with experience, expertise and qualifications as outlined.
· Health benefits, optional dental/vision coverage, life insurance, six paid holidays, optional 401K participation (non-matching).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· None required
TRAVEL & LOCATION: Travel is required 80-percent of the time as a passenger in company vehicles. Location of employment is in Boulder, CO. Work from home is not possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Salary Offer $20-$25 per hour