Job Listing # : 15990
Glass/Glazing Project Manager
S & S Glazing, LLC is seeking an experienced Project Manager. The overall goal and responsibility of this position is to run commercial glass projects consisting of storefront, curtainwall, and other glass products. This position is required to understand specifications, submittals, shop drawings, scheduling, purchase orders, producing aluminum cutting schedules, fabrication, installation and troubleshooting issues, change orders, closeout documents and more. Communication, planning and constant client interaction is critical in this position. Projects vary in size from $50k up to $2 mil.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with project managing Aluminum and Glass systems including Curtainwall, Storefront, Interior Glass Walls / Entrances, and Glazing projects.
- 2 or more years of experience with glazing projects.
- PM’s Must Have Ability to: Read blueprints, do take-offs, compile pricing for change orders, manage project and field installation, submittals process, procurement, RFI’s, project management documentation including but not limited to close-outs.
- The ability to work within strict timeframes
- Knowledge and proficiency with Project Management / Estimating software a plus.
- Demonstrates Excellent Communication Skills with customers, suppliers, contractors, architects, management & site personnel, etc.
- Degree in Construction Management or similar is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a high standard of quality.
- Produce documentation and details for coordination with project teams.
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand technical drawings and mechanical principles.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to collaboratively evaluate benefits and drawbacks to storefront system designs.
Knowledge in the following platforms a plus:
- Microsoft Office
ONLY qualified and experienced candidates will be considered. Must have previous experience in the Glass and Glazing Industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Address Greensboro, NC