Job Listing # : 15502
M&M Glass has been the region’s trustworthy custom glass and mirror provider for all of southern Louisiana. We have quite the renowned reputation for providing affordable, unparalleled products with quality customer service to families, interior designers, contractors, and business owners all across the region. None of which would be possible without our incredible team!
Whether you categorize yourself as an ambitious apprentice or an extreme glass guru, we encourage you to apply. We offer on-the-job training and opportunities to rise through the ranks for our Shop Technicians and Installers.
We have an immediate opening for a Glazier Apprentice.
Our Glazier Apprentices are training craftsmen who assist in the installation of our showers (framed & Heavy Glass), tub enclosures, mirrors (plain & framed), tabletops, and cabinet glass. As an apprentice, you represent M&M Glass and conduct yourself in the utmost professional manner with all contacts. Our employees are expected to always learn about the latest products and product functionality to be on the cutting edge of product knowledge and be made to properly install our customer’s products we sell.
You will assist the installers when checking their daily routes, ensure their truck is properly loaded with all needed materials, leave M&M Glass property in a timely manner, and install in the most productive way.
You will develop positive working relationships with all M&M Glass Employees, Contractors, Customers, and Vendors. You will report to the Shop Production Manager, General Manager, and Owner of M&M Glass.
You may be required to work in the shop and/or asked to do tasks beyond those listed. A positive, can-do attitude is a must. You will perform many tasks to ensure the shop remains clean.
As a Glazier Apprentice, your key responsibilities include assisting the shop with various assigned duties including but not limited to the following:
- Assist in the installation of tabletops, cabinet glass in cabinets, plain mirrors, framed mirrors, framed showers, and Heavy Glass showers
- Cut glass: operate glass cutter, break glass, and sand glass
- Clean up customer homes/worksites upon completion of the job
- Maintain assigned truck maintenance checklist, keep track of the condition of the truck provided by M&M Glass
- Load assigned truck with all materials necessary for the completion of each job
- Maintain tidy trucks by cleaning out interiors daily and washing the exterior weekly
- Manage work time in a fashion that ensures all company needs and goals are met
- Maintain appropriate reports for vehicles
- Portray a willingness to learn and can follow the instructions of supervisors
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure and use the appropriate math for calculating (adding and subtracting fractions) in a timely manner
- Lift, carry, and handle glass up to 70lbs in a safe manner
- Wear safety equipment at all appropriate times when handling glass products
- Follow M&M Glass safety procedures, rules & regulations
- Maintain assigned tools for the job provided by M&M Glass
- Abide by the approved uniform policy of M&M Glass
- Maintain secrecy with regards to all M&M Glass Business, Sales, and Marketing strategies and practices
- High School Diploma or GED
- 25 + years of age
The spirit of the below policies and benefits is to ensure a balance between home and work life.
Paid vacations and holidays
- Time off, including vacation, must be requested at least two weeks in advance
- Time off is granted based on availability
- Receiving prior approval for additional time off may be considered by talking in advance to the General Manager and Production Manager
- The scheduled report time is 6:30AM and most days will end at or before 4PM
- Apprentices are NOT docked for time spent on lunch
- There may be exceptions to hours based on early installs with lengthy travel times
- The average workweek will be around 40 hours. Sometimes, overtime will be required. Weekend work is sometimes available at the overtime rate on a volunteer basis.
Exceptional Insurance Options
M&M Glass Company is an equal opportunity employer. As such, M&M Glass will recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, or handicap. All employment decisions are based on job-related standards and must comply with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
M&M Glass Company does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA Title I employment regulations.
- Salary Offer $13- $30 (Depending on Experience Level) - Relocation Assistance Available for qualifying applicants