Job Listing # : 15509
Position Summary: The overall goal and responsibility of this position is to cut, assemble, caulk and glaze (as required) aluminum framing for commercial glass installation.
• Preferred fabrication experience in glass/commercial construction.
- Strong measuring, mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in reading drawings
- Knowledge of glass construction methods and materials
- Fundamental knowledge of building design and code
- Willingness to work with team to accomplish organizational goals; results oriented
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment
- OSHA 10 certification or ability to pass an OSHA 10 examination prior to starting work
- The physical demands of this job require candidate to be able to lift 30-45 pounds and have good balance, agility, vision and depth perception.
- Travel is required so you must have an active driver’s license.
- Fabricate and assemble storefront and curtainwall materials from stock length form into frames per structural products, such as framework or shells for parts for buildings according to job order, verbal instructions, and/or blueprints
- Fabricates storefront, curtainwall and break metal
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of trigonometry, stock allowances for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of material
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work piece
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, ie. hand tools, power tools & drill presses
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape
- Loads and unloads materials received and materials to be delivered
- May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products
- May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer
- Responsibilities include maintaining shop and equipment used in shop processes
- Address 145 Union Street, Holbrook MA