Job Listing # : 15638
Journeyman Glazier Wanted – immediate opportunity
B & L Glass is a 60 year old glass and glazing company based in Santa Rosa, CA. We serve Sonoma, Napa and Marin counties in the San Francisco North Bay. With 35 people and 19 service vehicles, we are the largest non-union glass/glazing company in the SF North Bay. Our services include Residential, High End Luxury Window/Door Full Service Offerings, Service and Low-rise Commercial.
The journeyman glazier is responsible for completing quality installations and repairs on residential and commercial job sites. Work includes fabrication and installation of storefronts, commercial doors/hardware, curtain walls, measuring, window units, mirrors, heavy glass shower enclosures (framed and frameless), glass railings, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Provide Quality Installations
* Read and interpret blueprints/construction drawings to determine the most suitable method of installation.
* Oversee apprentices as assigned to verify materials are installed in adherence to industry norms and which achieves a lasting finished product.
* Communicate with the general contractor and or super daily when arriving to site and at end of shift or day
* Follow and promote safety guidelines and safe working practices.
* Maintain order and cleanliness of company truck and equipment.
* Notify Project Manager/lead glazier of needed project materials and supplies
* Accurately measure jobs for providing quotes and/or ordering materials.
* Fabrication/Installation of a wide variety of glazing materials, for both Commercial & Residential
Ability to independently travel to various worksites, as assigned.
Excellent customer service skills.
High attention to detail and quality work.
Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in residential or commercial glazing.
Education and/or Experience – 5+ years of related experience and/or training
Equivalent combination of education and experience in the glazing trade
Registrations: Must possess a valid drivers’ license
Proof of auto insurance and be insurable under agency policy if driving a company or personal vehicle.
Compensation: Pay will be decided based on experience
- Salary Offer Based on experience